Des Moines Register Media, a Gannett Company, has an opening for a Producer to manage the delivery of content to digital and print platforms.
The producer will work with content strategists and coaches, planning editors, reporters and photographers to best display content on all platforms, using a high level of judgment and creativity.
In this role, you will:
- Manage social media accounts for the Des Moines Register.
- Manage the homepage, story pages and high-traffic landing pages;
- Direct the flow of content, sending breaking news emails and push alerts, adding meta-data information, hyperlinks, images, info boxes, and additional digital content;
- Copy edit content before publishing; and write digital headlines and summaries, taking into account SEO and keyword elements.
- Work in concert with designers to produce high-quality print editions.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Strong understanding of SEO techniques and social media, and a deep understanding of competition
- Proven planning skills and the ability to interpret audience data is essential
- Strong copy editing and organizational skills are a must
- Proven ability to work quickly, independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work evening hours and weekends
- Candidates with experience editing sports content will be prioritized.