Who we are?With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
Who are we looking for?
- Leadership capabilities:
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to be creative and to drive solutions into the organization.
- Appreciation for working with a global company.
- A combination of sales, delivery and project management skills.
- Education/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or a technical field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working as a project manager for a water meter company, municipality, water authority or contractor in the drinking water sector
- Well versed in water system design, hydraulics, analyses, operations and maintenance of its components
- Working knowledge of water meters and meter reading systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Projects, and CRM (a plus)
- PMP certification preferred
- Required Activities:
- Up to 30% travel required
- Participate in water system field reconnaissance, inspections, assessments and equipment installation
What will you be doing?
The Project Manager is the main point of customer contact for all metering projects in NJ from order receipt to final project close/payment. The Project Manager will interact with contractors, suppliers, utility personnel, end-users, and internally with Sales/operations, engineering, customer service, and our finance teams. The Project Manager will be responsible to track and maintain revenue and profitability, reputation, risk management, and customer satisfaction. The Project Manager will require strong leadership and influential skills in collaborating with a variety of functional roles across the organization.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop general knowledge of SUEZ’s Metering Services
- Drive a highly responsive culture to both internal and external customers to provide timely and accurate information
- Act as main point of contact for our customers (contractor, suppliers, end-user) throughout life of project from booked purchase order through final customer sign-off.
- Review project documentation (contract, proposal, cost sheets), identify and manage project contractual and/or scope risks and opportunities (terms, margin, schedule, etc.). Negotiate change order amounts and terms.
- Create project master schedule (i.e., Gantt chart) for all deliverables with customer and agreed to communication protocol, expected turnaround time on deliverables (in writing), and critical success factors on project
- Effectively communicate internally with operations, finance and sales teams, etc., to ensure all departments are aligned and agree to project deliverables
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Maintain project schedule throughout life of project, adjust as necessary based on customer driven needs, and set priorities on deliverables internally
- Identify and facilitate resolution of customer issues throughout project life cycle
- Accurately forecast project sales (shipments) and execute projects to meet monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasted goals
- Travel, as necessary, to customer jobsites for face to face project kick-off meetings and during critical project milestones (as necessary) to drive customer intimacy
- Define, recommend, implement and utilize sound project management principles (PMO), tools, and procedures in the execution of duties, including, but not limited to: project scheduling, contract terms review, documentation control (e.g. approval process), project costing/margins, commercial bonding and insurance certificates, milestone deliverables & invoicing/payments, sales forecasting
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Lead project learning cycles to provide post-closeout project feedback to all functional groups to highlight lessons learned and areas of improvement/opportunities for future projects
- Support Director of Customer Services & Project Manager in developing and maintaining Standard Operating
- Procedures (SOPs) and supporting documentations.
- Work with sales and marketing to influence marketplace through white papers, presentations, and case stories at regional/national trade shows and industry conferences.
- Assist in sales calls and presentations.
- Organize and oversee the field installation, data management and supervision of technology deployment and installation of the same in the field.
- Develop tools, approach and systems supporting our business.
Skills and Attributes Requirements
- Expertise in water metering principles and operations
- Expertise in water Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) systems principles and operations
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications and satisfactorily resolve difficult technical and business issues
- Deep understanding and experience with project management best practices (POM)
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative thinking and communication skills (written & oral), with a strong customer focus.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Strong leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation, and analytical/decision making skills.
- Excellent task management & organization skills (creation of Standard Operation Procedures and necessary tools/collateral to establish standard work)
- An ability to effectively communicate, listen, and empathize with the client.
- Ability to work and succeed in a non-structured work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.