Cox Automotive is seeking a Manager – Business Operations Finance for the Technology organization with experience related to budget/forecasting activities, long-range planning, financial support and ad hoc analysis. This position manages ~$130MM of annual spend for the Chief Product Officer. Candidates must have either a solid understanding of financial management concepts, and business performance evaluation, or strong IT background with understanding of underlying business management. Ideal candidate would have both. Effective communication of analysis through executive-level presentations is essential, as are interpersonal skills, the ability to influence, and the proven ability to effectively lead a functional team. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Product Finance.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Execute the financial planning and coordination of monthly P&L forecasts and annual budget process, including capital expenditures
- Improve transparency of Product expenditures, focusing on services being charged to the rest of the business
- Develop a comprehensive planning process for Product services using the Hyperion Planning tool.
- Streamline and automate certain financial operations
- Manage financial responsibilities for multiple departments
- Perform financial modeling with a perspective on benchmarking across comparable industries.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support business decisions
- Interpret financial data, project financials, variance analyses, and key business drivers to identify trends and make recommendations for improvement
- Consolidation and reporting of financials for the Chief Product Officer
- Assist with presentation of financial analysis and interpretations to executive-level audience
- Work effectively on multiple assignments, activities or projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related discipline
- An advanced degree preferred.
- Generally 7 years of technology, manufacturing, or other industry experience with strong focus in Financial Planning and Analysis, and/or Strategic Business Analysis
- 1-2 years experience effectively leading a team or major project
- Demonstrated analytical (industry, market, and business) and quantitative skills with track record of delivering insights which improve business results
- Solid knowledge of financial modeling and benchmarking techniques with the ability to synthesize complex information in executive level formats
- Proven ability to develop structured and fact-based analytics that include actionable conclusions and recommendations
- Self-starter with flexibility and willingness to balance multiple, changing priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build strong trusted working relationships with internal and external business customers
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate and present to executive level management
- Advanced MS Excel skills required, including formulas, financial functions, pivot tables, design, and formatting for executive presentations
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion Planning, Reports, and Apptio is a strong plus.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Who We Are
About Cox AutomotiveThere’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
About CoxWe are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.