Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The EMR Trainer works in conjunction with the EMR Director and as part of a team to support, and maintain the clinical information system. The Trainer develops and maintains a positive working relationship with physicians and user departments to ensure appropriate training and utilization of Athena health and/or Epic Systems EMR.
- Interacts with internal departments to understand EHR business requirements.
- Analyzes operational workflow and EHR system features to guide gap analysis, options, decision making and maintenance
- Serves as consultant for issues and topics related to an electronic health record; Serves as a conduit for aligning resources and activities related to EHR topics and issues
- Works with the Directors and Management to support clinical/operational activities in implementation, testing, and activation of EHR software
- Supports work effort during optimization and ongoing maintenance of EHR software
- Participates in the review and testing of major releases and upgrades, evaluating new functionality and master file changes for new features
- Coordinates new application functionality with the training team. Works with team to develop supporting materials as needed and aids team during training
- Provides support to the EMR Director who can support office sites and train for Epic or Athena EMR workflows.
- Supports communication and analysis for maintaining master files, end-user access, and security files.
- Responds to user level support questions related to the EHR. Escalates high level application/technical questions to Director of EMR.
- Develops and documents internal procedures in coordination with internal departments and affiliate hospitals and clinics
- Required to be on call support on rotating weekends
- Assures clinical content meets HIPAA regulatory and compliance requirements
- Stays current on E.H.R. trends and emerging developments
- Provide on-site support before, during and post Go-Lives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years experience in a healthcare environment
- Prior job experience with implementing/configuring/supporting vendor supplied software, including Epic Cadence and Epic Ambulatory and Athena EMR
- Knowledge of computer systems in PC, client-server, and web-enabled systems
- Experience with MS Office applications and document creation software
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe
- Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- College degree
- Project management or workflow analysis experience desirable
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Revenue Cycle Management Trainer, Trainer, RCM Trainer, RCM, Billing, Coding, Coordinator, Epic, Riverside Medical Group, RMG, Optum, OptumCare, Secaucus, NJ, New Jersey