About Prysmian GroupPrysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power transmission and distribution, as well as medium low voltage cables for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and connectivity for voice, video, and data transmission for the telecommunication sector.
We are almost 29,000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a company that is helping transform the world around us. Make Your Mark at Prysmian!
This position will work to add electronics and photonics to electrical assets in order to get deep information on asset conditions. Using Pry-Cam technologies we are able to help our customers increase uptime, asset longevity and safety, while reducing maintenance costs and risks. Our growth objectives, especially for North America and Latin America, are ambitious and we are looking to reinforce our team to support this effort. Your job will consist of supporting the business from an installation and operational standpoint.
Team Overview and Job Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for overseeing and supervising all PRY-CAM SYSTEM installations with our Projects (High Voltage/Submarine) and Power Distribution business units for HV/MV permanent monitoring applications.
- You will be responsible for producing proper documentation and manuals as relates to the installation of PRY-CAM SYSTEM and will work closely with Prysmian Electronics Operation and Project Management team on the topic.
- You will work very closely with Prysmian Electronics Project Management team to ensure smooth, timely and cost efficient project implementation for Projects (High Voltage / Submarine) and Power Distribution applications.
- You will be responsible to supervise local contractors that we may partner and work with for the installation of the PRY-CAM SYSTEM.
- You will be responsible for overseeing and supervising all AC High Potential (Hi-Pot) & Partial Discharge Commissioning Tests for windfarm MV collection systems.
- You will be responsible to manage all operations around the use of our HV Resonant Test Set for windfarm testing. You will help the team find ways to optimize testing approach while minimizing costs to ensure maximum profitability on wind projects.
- You will also be responsible for generating commercial/technical proposals for MV windfarm offline commissioning tests to help Prysmian Electronics secure as many projects as possible in 2021.
- You will be responsible for demonstrating the PRY-CAM PORTABLE. You will also manage Medium Voltage online PD survey activities and perform actual PD measurements as required at customer accounts.
- You will be responsible for supporting Prysmian Group various business units during the sales process of Pry-Cam.
- You will be responsible for reporting to the Hiring Manager and for updating CRM on a regular basis.
- You will act as the liaison between all relevant decision makers in the value chain and as an installation/operation leader will ensure that the PRY-CAM SYSTEM installed meet all customer’s requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Distributed Temperature Sensing, Real Time Thermal Rating, Distributed Strain Sensing and Distributed Acoustic Sensing fiber optic based monitoring technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Partial Discharge testing (offline/online) and monitoring technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of the above-mentioned technologies and application onto the High Voltage & Submarine power transmission and Power Distribution markets. Understanding of the markets associated needs for asset integrity, asset monitoring and sensing technologies, commissioning, testing and diagnostics.
- Contacts and preferred relationships with utilities (IOU’s, Public Power, Cooperatives), HV/MV contractors/installers and A&E firms at all relevant levels i.e. Transmission, Distribution, Operation, Engineering, Grid Management, Renewable etc.
- Multi-lingual skills: English, French, Spanish. Optional: Italian and Portuguese.
- High initiatives (and self-motivated) performer able to generate extraordinary results in a team environment. Result driven individual with excellent installation, operation, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, especially client oriented with critical-thinking. Professional willing to take responsibilities.
- Excellent understanding of communication, electrical, electronics and network instruments. Previous experience with installation and troubleshooting of all of the above.
- International personality.
- Willing to travel +50% domestic (and international if/when required).
Who are we looking for?Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, commercial/technical education - Information Technology preferred.
- 10-year minimum installation and/or operation experience in the above-mentioned industries with previous electrical/network installations for High Voltage underground transmission cable systems.
- International work experience outside of native country.
- Previous CRM user. MS Office proficient.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated, and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian Group will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.