Operations & Maintenance Coordinator
Job Purpose:To assist the station with the coordination, standardisation, continuous improvement of the Operations and Maintenance Team
- Due to the flexible nature of the plant operations, Maintenance and Operational activities also need to be flexible and optimised to maintain the goals of Safety, Compliance, Reliability and Efficiency.
- The role therefore needs to provide flexibility, especially during outages and reactive station breakdown periods.
- The key focus on this role is to allow the engineering team to concentrate on the quality, compliance and reliability of the station, by organising and supporting the Operations and Maintenance team with workflow prioritisation and management.
- Coordinate and schedule the Maintenance Activities for the 4 subject areas on site.
- This will require working with the Engineering and Technician group to understand what work is being planned and what is ready to be scheduled.
- Resolve the best person to plan the works
- Understand the priorities of other works that are not supervised in plant inspector or PRISM
- Develop detailed schedules for all for 7+21days
- Develop outage schedules.
- Wherever possible utilise the whole team to complete works, perhaps maintaining a list of safety assessed work that can be actioned by competent staff when station operation allows.
- Allocate to the person with the skills and competency to complete the works from across the team.
- Develop reports and communicate/Collate KPIs on station performance, for example reports on
- Schedule alignment
- Bad actor reporting
- Compliance (operational inspections & Maintenance inspections)
- Safety critical devices, Legionella, PSSR etc
Safety & Compliance
- Participate in reviews/audits of PPMs and standards ensuring that the O&M tasks performed comply with industry recommendations.
- Where vital assist with the engineering subject areas and O&M team to support any HSE issues.
- Assist the HS advisor with completion of audits and inspections
- Where vital act as TO for works and supporting the STL on a day to day basis
Maintenance & Operations support
- Coordinate engineering change reviews, ensuring that the chair is shared among the engineering team, and the relevant members know their duties during the meetings.
- Regularly review engineering change applications and feedback to the applicant on the process/initial review.
- Where vital, assist and/or lead improvement projects ensuring engagement with all of the team involved.
- Where possible assist with the training of the team, assisting the maintenance and operations team to gain the knowledge and experience.
- To identify areas of improvement across the station
- Communicate plant action plans and issues.
- Assist with incident investigation and coordination of.
- Coordinate an effective O&M meeting structure on site such as daily reviews
- Assists the engineering team with completion of important works, and allows the engineering team to focus on their key work.
- When required organise and act as TO/DP of operational specific works.
- Obtain information from engineering team on areas to focus on, such as process safety, risk register actions.
- Minimum of HNC / HND or equivalent in an appropriate engineering field.
- A suitable qualification in H&S Management (NEBOSH Certificate).
- Deep operational knowledge of the Kings Lynn plant
- A suitable experience/qualification in Operations (NVQ) and / or an engineering-based field.
- Able to show evidence of several years’ experience of safely operating a sophisticated Process operation with a suitable qualification in H&S Management such as IOSH Managing safety
- Experience of power plant (or equivalent process) operation within the power generation, or similar process industry.
- Both CCGT and conventional fossil-fuelled plant experience.
- An in-depth knowledge and proven record in compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- Possession of a strong technical background, combined with the ability to demonstrate knowledge of commercial issues.
- The ability to influence groups and individuals within the organisation, in order to gain their commitment to deliver business objectives.
- The ability to create good behaviour and attitude changes.
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work optimally with both internal and external personnel to ensure that all business objectives are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- The ability to initiate, build and improve relationships with external contacts and the ability to manage their impact on the business.
- Ability to have “fresh” open-mind thinking and assess situations and establish justified and open conclusions
What we offer our peopleAs well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package which includes a 10% bonus opportunity, pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday, you’ll also get the opportunity to craft the future of our business. Along the way, we’ll give you all the support you desire to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term objectives.
To see the excellent range of benefits we offer to employees, please visit:
Equal OpportunitiesWe are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing the contribution that our employees make. We welcome and respect differences in culture, background, working style, education and other less obvious differences.
Our energy for a sustainable lifeRWE has reliably supplied people and companies with electricity for more than 120 years. The way we generate power is changing fundamentally and RWE is driving this change. RWE is committed to be carbon-neutral by 2040, and to generating electricity in a clean, safe and affordable way.
RWE in the UKWe operate a large and diverse portfolio of power generation assets in the UK. We are the UK’s second largest generator of thermal flexible capacity, supplying around 10% of the UK’s electricity last year with 8.6GW of installed capacity. The portfolio includes the UK’s largest fleet of gas-fired power stations, along with a small amount of biomass. Following a transaction with E.ON and integration of E.ON and innogy renewable assets, RWE will be the third largest renewable generator in UK, with a diverse portfolio of onshore wind, offshore wind and, hydro amounting to over 2.2GW.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.