Hospital Sales Representative (12 months contract) - QLD
OUR COMPANYAt Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
THE POSITIONReporting to the Specialist Sales Manager, a fantastic opportunity exists in our established Hospital Specialist team. You will be responsible for managing your own territory including public hospitals and private rooms within the Respiratory therapy area engaging primarily with Respiratory Physicians. The territory for this role is from South Brisbane to Lismore including Gold Coast.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Exceed sales targets for promoted products through unit growth over previous year and market share acquisition
- Identify and effectively target key customers
- Exceed required proportion of targeted customers accessed
- Achieve standard of infield days per annum
- Achieve coverage and frequency expectation
- Achieve inclusion of BI products in hospital protocols
- Co-ordinate and manage functions designed to add value to customers, including in-service programs, journal clubs, case conferences
- Actively support GP Representatives by preparing and planning for GP educations sessions and other functions
- Allocate budget in cost effective ways to maximise sales
- Achieve standard of technical & professional knowledge
- Work effectively in territory team, contributing to team success
- Develop selling skills with customers, building credible and trusting relationships
- Achieve development plan through active learning, working towards next applicable Advance standard
- Minimum of 2 years pharmaceutical sales experience
- Proven track record of sales success
- High level of technical and professional skill in work-related areas
- High level of proficiency in selling skills
- Proficient in territory management
- Strong influencing and negotiation and persuasion skills
- Confident and effective customer networking skills in the hospital environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage competing business priorities and problem solve
- Ability to monitor own performance and communicate through electronic means
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?With us, you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com.au and join us in our effort to make more health.
What we offerBoehringer Ingelheim offers a competitive remuneration package including flexible salary packaging options, and attractive lifestyle benefits including leave options, health insurance and a free and confidential Employee Assistance Program.
We want the best to apply!Boehringer Ingelheim is a global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and foster an inclusive environment which benefits our people, patients and communities.
How to applyIf you would like to be part of this highly driven and successful team please submit your CV and a covering letter addressing the key criteria above.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to be considered for this opportunity.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with Boehringer Ingelheim. As part of our efforts toward continuous process improvement, you may receive a short survey pertaining to this recruitment process. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you.
It is Boehringer Ingelheim's policy not to accept speculative resumes from Agencies, unless the role has been released directly to the agency. If we require your assistance on any roles we will contact you at the time.
Position AreaHuman Pharma - Sales
- Africa, Asia, Australasia-AU-Queensland
- AU-Boehringer Ingelheim Pty Limited (Australia)