- Managing the Development of the MEP Assurance strategy, procedures, specifications and assurance plans for the technical assurance of the requirements and design intent being delivered by SCS.
- Creating the MEP technical assurance regime for the project.
- Application of the assurance activity, particularly in regard to change, design configuration control and capturing of design decisions.
- Engage with the SCS MEP delivery team to capture or define acceptance criteria for design approval, demonstration of capability, acceptance of equipment and operability as appropriate.
- Support the Engagement with SCS and HS2 stakeholders to achieve the delivery of an efficient and effective assurance regime.
- Confirm and manage the MEP Design and assurance requirements with subcontractors/supply chain.
- Undertake requirements and assurance activities including leading reviews, collating evidence and providing progress reports of SCS MEP team, sub-contractors, supply chain and consultants.
- Maintain procedures, competence levels and systems for assurance management as used by the project.
- Liaise with the SCS Core Technical Assurance Manager to ensure all process that are developed are in line with the SCS agreed processes / procedures.
- Manage the project assurance team to confirm and demonstrate appropriate levels of Technical Assurance to stakeholders.
- Map out and Programme the Delivery of Assurance Documentation / Deliverables
- Ensure robust systems and regimes are in place to develop, maintain and track assurance evidence deliverables provided
- Provide clear concise Handover files capturing all Technical Documentation
- Experience in a similar level role, responsible for the Technical assurance for the Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health systems during the procurement, design, construction, testing, commissioning and handover stages.
- A professional qualification or degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related subject
- Strong leadership, communication and conflict management skills
- Experience of managing Technical assurance for MEP works on a major rail project
- Experience of Early Contractor Involvement models and NEC forms of contract
- Knowledge of industry regulations for design, construction and testing and commissioning of building services (e.g. BS 7671 and Building Regulations).
- Expert knowledge of products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Experience of a self-assurance contract environment
Because success comes from working together.
As a European technology group for construction services, we construct thousands of buildings and structures around the world every year by bringing the right people, materials and equipment together at the right place and at the right time. This would not be possible without teamwork – across geographic boundaries and business units. Become a part of our team!
Equality, diversity and Inclusion
STRABAG AG UK Branch is an inclusive employer: we actively promote equality and inclusion from recruitment and selection, through to training and development, promotion, reward, recognition and retirement.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our business on a worldwide basis.
Working with over 75,000 employees across the globe we know that our diverse teams are more innovative, creative and successful – which is why our key “guiding principle” is #TEAMSWORK