Stockholm, STM, SE Adaptation Engineer-TRCS-SEST02401821
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are currently looking for an
Adaptation Engineer for our location in Stockholm, Sweden
As an Adaptation Engineer, you will perform design and implementation of Interlocking Logic within wayside signalling systems.
In this role you work on designing and developing the software for computerized interlocking system. Our product is the requirement framework deciding how and in which way the rail traffic may be managed in a country. The process includes identification and formalization of customer requirements, design and implementation of new functionality and test and verification of our products. During the whole process the safety work is documented and finally approved by official authorities in the relevant country.
- Interpret interlocking requirements
- Create and review design and test documents
- Implement interlocking requirements in interlocking logic software
- Conduct functional testing of interlocking logic software
- Deliver on time with required quality, following applicable internal and external rules and regulations in the project work
- Interface with other parts of the company as needed: Requirement Engineers, System and Project Engineers, Software Developers
- Maintain and improve work methods and processes
- Set requirements on and evaluate applicable tools
- Give related support to Site Engineering
- University Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or corresponding technical education
- Software engineering/Software development knowledge
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Railway process and signalling systems knowledge desirable
- (Knowledge about safety standards and regulations desirable)
- Experience from signalling or railway industry is an advantage
- English fluent is mandatory for this role; Swedish is an advantage
- Comprehensive computer skills: Design tools, MS office
- As a person you have a methodical approach, are accurate and precise. You are self-motivated, proactive, focused on problem solving and have good time management skills. It is also important that you are a team player and have an interest in sharing your competence and experience with your colleagues.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Job: Civil Engineering
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 19.11.2020, 5:08:39 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing