The Process Technical Services Department in Manufacturing Nynäshamn supports a long term reliable and safe production, follow up the performance of existing process units both regarding performance but also environmental compliance, provides automation support (DCS), develop the process units through investment and implement improvement proposals
The Engineer Automation System or Process Controls Engineer provides technical expertise and oversight for Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Safety Instrumented System (SIS) and Advanced Process Control (APC), where applicable in the refinery. This includes preparing functional specifications, process step testing, process model building, control configuration/ programming, operator training, documentation, and DCS administration.
The Process Controls Engineer provides stable and reliable process control which maintains safe operation within the defined operating window, and avoids exceedance of safety, environmental, and operational limits.
The Process Controls Engineer participates in incident investigations where process control could have contributed to the event or where the process control system could effectively contribute to the investigation process.
- Ensure hardware and software platforms are operating without fault at high reliability levels
- Provide technical support to operations during troubleshooting, upset or emergencies
- Responsibility for maintenance, configuration, projects and development of the process control system (DeltaV) and related applications
- Maintenance, configuration and development of contiguous systems to the process control system (PI, RSS, AMS)
- Ensure that system documentation is kept up to date
- Responsibility for the technical solutions in investment projects managed by Engineering
Candidate profileYour Qualifications and Core Competencies
- Working experience from Automation within process industry/refining/petrochemical industry or similar
- Preferably basic knowledge in common industry communication protocols such as Hart, Fieldbus, Profibus and Modbus.
- Preferably knowledge in programming languages such as Visual Basic
- Master of Science in Engineering or equal
- Experienced user in an automation system, preferably DeltaV
- Ability to manage change and uncertainty, anticipating problems through good risk management.
- Skilled at managing a diverse group of stakeholders within and external to the organization.
- You are expected to be able to be a strong communicator, fluent in spoken and written Swedish and English
We offer an interesting position, where you have the chance to develop your skills, and work with dedicated colleagues. You will provide the opportunity to grow, and be supported within an established and successful company, with a clear growth strategy.